Thursday, February 24, 2011

#24 - Pile of Wood Flooring

A number of years ago Kimberly  decided to take up tap dancing.  In the house we had lots of carpet, lots of ceramic, and some wood flooring which we didn't particularly want to be tap danced into toothpicks.  So, I went out and bought the absolute cheapest tongue-in-groove flooring I could find.  I made a mini tap dance floor and, voila, we were ready for Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.  But, as happens with most tap dancers, the time came to hang up those metal clingy shoe things and move on.  We played taps and took the floor apart. But, of course, I saved it.  I mean, who wouldn't save some fairly decent, used, cheap flooring.  Maybe I would take up tap dancing in my retirement??!!  Or...maybe not.  I think I'll switch to needlepoint as my next hobby.  We can, therefore, say good-bye to this pile of cheap, old tap dancing memories..

No comments:

Post a Comment