Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3 - A pumpkin. "A pumpkin?" Yes, a pumpkin!

OK, you're thinking, "Why is he throwing out a pumpkin?"  Or may be you're thinking, "Why am I reading this silly blog anyway?!"

This pumpkin has been sitting on my garage floor since Halloween!  When carving the jack-o'-lanterns I love to bake the pumpkin seeds with a bit of garlic and then munch on them for weeks.  Tasty AND they're good for your prostate. (Who'd a thunk?!)  This year I thought I would save a pumpkin or two so I could have seeds later in the year.

But...time goes by.  The weather gets cold.  Pumpkins on garage floors get mushy.  Rather than save it until Spring, off it goes to the green bin now.  And there's a little more space in the garage!  Shouldn't you be checking your garage for rogue gourd-like squashes of the genus Cucurbita and the family Cucurbitaceae?

No comments:

Post a Comment