Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1, Item 1 - Favourite pair of running shoes

Well, here we go!  I had some...uh...quizzical looks from family members when I told them what I was doing.  But all the world's great ideas faced opposition, persecution, doubts, and discouragements.  I will soldier on!!

OK, enough melodrama.  Here's the first item I'm throwing away on this year long journey - my favourite running shoes.  Man, start off with a tough one, eh!!  They were soooo comfortable but they started falling apart.  I did the glue thing and that worked well until I walked in them!  I've kept them for a few months hoping the shoe fairies would appear overnight but...sigh...nothing.  So out you go!!

Farewell faithful foot protectors.  We have walked many miles together.  Thus endeth Day 1, Item 1.  Not feeling the catharsis yet, but it'll come.



1 comment: